3.14.2005

My recent absence

Recently, for various reasons, I have not been posting much. Not that the world, or anyone therein, really cares much: I can't see someone like Don Rumsfeld wondering what on earth he will do, not knowing my opinions on things:


"I just don't know what to say, Senator: coeruleus was down for the last few days [sniff]. Please have mercy on me!"

Well, I have been busy learning the ins and outs of in vivo electrophysiology. It turns out that it's not all that different from in vitro, except that there appears to be much more standing and straining of the back involved. Well, of course there is the minor bit about there being an entire body attached to the neuron I'm recording from--not that I've actually been able to "record" from "neurons," but if there actually are "neurons" in the "brain" I will eventually find them and "record" from them: guaranteed!

So, that's what I've been up to, as well as some other, less interesting things. It's all quite cool.