6.22.2005

nananana-poopoo

There, you happy now? He apologized:

"Some may believe that my remarks crossed the line, to them I extend my heartfelt apologies"

and as for the soldiers:

"They're the best. I never, ever intended any disrespect for them"

Of course tomorrow the right-wingnuts will be all over this story saying he didn't show enough remorse and he didn't really mean it.

uh, oops, I underestimated the time it'd take them:

"Asked what the next step for Durbin would be, an aide to Frist told FOX News, 'Well, when you say something that appears all over Al Jazeera, you have a lot of work to do.'"

Great, we let the subject go whenever they make silly over-the-top Hitler/Nazi comparisons and apologize for it later on, but once our guy says "you would most certainly believe this must have been done by," we get him to flagellate himself into tears before the nation and it's still not enough.